Xiaomi MI5 is one of the legendary flagship Xiaomi ever issued. Has a high specification and affordable price, Xiaomi MI5 very well liked.
To maximize the use of smartphones, the best way to do this is the root Xiaomi MI5.
For you who want to try to root Xiaomi MI5, here will JalanTikus explain the steps. Make sure you read carefully in order to avoid things that are not desirable.
Root Xiaomi MI5Before starting to root, there are several steps you should do beforehand, among others:
1.Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi MI5
2.Custom install TWRP Recovery
3.Root Xiaomi MI5
How To Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi MI5Just like other Xiaomi smartphone, ways in which to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi MI5 is no different. For a full description, you can read the following article: Easy Ways to Unlock Bootloader All Smartphone Xiaomi
How to Install TWRP Xiaomi MI5After unlocking the bootloader is done, then install TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi MI5. Before you begin, make sure you prepare ingredients in advance:
- PC / laptop with Windows 7.8, 10 64bit
- Enable Developer Options (Settings> About Phone> Press 5 times in MIUI version)
- Enable USB debugging (Settings> Additional Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging)
- Download and install the Mi-PC Suite
- Download Files Minimal ADB and Fastboot and extract at your fingertips
- Download TWRP Recovery Custom Xiaomi MI5 latest version and place it in a folder Minimal ADB and Fastboot Files. Change the name to twrp-gemini.img
- Turn off the smartphone and then turn back to position Fastboot Mode (press Volume Down + Power simultaneously)
- Connect the smartphone to the PC
- Open the folder Fastboot and ADB Files Minimal and run Command Prompt from the folder (Press Shift + Right-click and select Open Command Windows Here)
- Enter the following code
- fastboot devices
- If your smartphone is detected, you can go to the next step
- Enter the following code to install TWRP (which in Bold is the name of the file you TWRP)
Wait a minute until the process is complete. If so, reboot your Xiaomi MI5. Automatically successfully installed TWRP.fastboot flash recovery **twrp-gemini.img**
How to Root Xiaomi Mi 5If Custom TWRP Recovery is installed, the next step is to root Xiaomi MI5.
- Download Update SuperSU and place it on the phone's internal memory
- Turn off the smartphone and then turn back to position Recovery Mode (press Volume Up + Power simultaneously)
- Upon entry into TWRP mode, select install
- Find SuperSU.zip files that have been downloaded earlier earlier in the internal memory
- Swipe to Confirm Flash
- Wait until the process is complete
- Automatically Xiaomi Mi 5 successfully diroot