First of all, clean the water in your phone immediately. The longer your phone sinks into the water, the more water that enters your phone. After removing your smartphone from the water, there are some things you need to do right away, and certain things that you really should avoid to prevent Mobile from being exposed to water.
That should be avoided
- Do not turn on your phone
- Do not press any button on the phone
- Do not wiggle it or touch it
- Do not blow it. This can deliver water to the internal parts of another phone that has never been reached, this can cause more damage
- Do not dry it with a dryer or anything
10 steps to save your damaged phone exposed to water1. Turn off your phone first
2. Remove the protective case of the phone if you have it, remove the SIM card and microSD
3. Open the back of your phone and remove the battery, SIM card and microSD card if you can (note this sometimes can not be done by any type of phone).
4. Use cloth, paper towels to wipe your phone to dry, do not have a little water that is around your phone, because it can push water into the phone.
5. If the water coming in very much, you can use Vacuum Cleaner to suck water, suck water carefully from the gap that is difficult to reach. Make sure some small components, such as microSD card, SIM card, or battery, are removed before attempting.
6. Put your phone into rice, use plastic or anything to put it in. Rice is very effective at absorbing liquids in mobile phones and this is actually a common method for drying phones and tablets.
7. Let your phone dry for a day or two. Do not be tempted to turn it on to see if it still works. Put your SIM card on your old phone, or ask friends or family if they have a backup phone you can borrow.
8. After a few days, you can unplug your phone from within the rice, reinsert the battery into your phone and turn on the phone.
9. If your phone is not on, try charging. If the battery is unfilled, the battery may be damaged. You could try a spare battery, or consider bringing your mobile to a repair shop for a professional check.
10. If your phone is up and running smoothly, you should keep watching it for the next few days, to see if you notice anything changing. Play music to check the speakers and also check the touch screen to keep responding properly.