The reason, the light mimics sunlight. As a result, the brain does not produce melatonin, a hormone that gives a signal to the body 'bedtime'.
Therefore, light can also harm a Mac screen sleep cycle. If these conditions persist, then it has the potential to cause health problems. Realizing that, Apple then took Night Shift to MacOS
Yes, as in iOS, Apple brings the features of Night Shift on MacOS. If still confused how activate, try to see the steps below.
To use this feature in Mac device is actually quite easy, but it needs to do a number of settings. Previously, make sure the devices are used to support the Night Shift. As these devices are:
- MacBook (Early 2015 or most recent)
- MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or most recent)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or most recent)
- Mac mini (Late 2012 or most recent)
- iMac (Late 2012 or most recent)
- Mac Pro (late 2013 most new or)
- Apple LED Cinema Display
- Apple Thunderbolt Display
- LG ultrafine 5K Display
- LG ultrafine 4K Display