So far, not all users can use it. WhatsApp is working to release this feature's availability for all users on Android and iOS in stages.
But it never hurts to learn how, to make it easier to use when this feature arrived at WhatsApp you guys. Here's how it works.
1. Open one of the chats in WhatsApp (either groups or individuals) you want to share Live Location with.
2. Tap attachment file in the form of a paper clip mark located on the right corner of the column to type a message.
3. Will appear the attachment option to be shared, select 'Location'.
4. On WhatsApp is already available this feature, will show 'Share Live Location' in the function 'Send Location' that already exists.
5. We can set how long we will divide the location in real time. There are options such as 15 minutes, an hour, or maybe all day.
6. You can also stop sharing Live Location anytime by pressing the 'Stop Sharing' button.
7. Some people from the same WhatsApp chat group can share their individual locations and display them in a single map. So, we can know exactly how far our location with others.
The function of sharing real time location is not something new. Some services already have it. Call it Google has Latitude, but it was turned off in 2013. Telegram some time ago also launched a similar feature.
With more than 1 billion active users of WhatsApp, this feature is predicted to be widely used among WhatsApp users.