An electric cigarette user died because the vape used exploded

A 38-year-old Florida man died after his vape exploded and caused projectile wounds to the head. Reports from Pinellas-Paso Medical Examiner confirmed that the exploding vape is the reason for the death of Tallmadge D'Elia. D'Elia was found by a fireman in her burning room at her family's home in St. Louis. Petersburg. He also suffered burns in 80 percent of his body.

D'Elia was discovered on May 5th. In the autopsy report, the cause of his death was "projectile wounds on the head". Apparently, when the vape pen he was using exploded, there were at least two projectiles on his head.

Vape is made by Smok-E Mountain, which according to its Facebook page is located in the Philippines.

Currently, the company's Facebook page is inaccessible. A spokesman for Smok-E Mountain told WFTS, an ABC affiliate, that the reason this vape pen went off was that it was a problem with the battery or the atomizer rather than the device itself.

This is not the first time a similar incident has occurred, an e-cigarette burst to cause various injuries. A Florida man should be admitted to a hospital by 2012 after an electric cigarette explodes inside his mouth, causing burns and a broken front tooth.

A similar incident occurred in Idaho in January, when a vape pen went off in the face of its users. In the period between 2009 and 2016, there were at least 195 events related to the e-cigarette or vape explosions. However, in that period, there was no incident causing death.

Of the nearly 200 incidents, at least 133 incidents resulted in injuries while 38 of them caused serious injuries. 


No comments